ASUS 15.6" ZenBook Pro 15 UX550GE-XB71T Multi-Touch Laptop
The 15.6" ZenBook Pro 15 UX550GE Multi-Touch Laptop from Asus is a stylish, lightweight system that's designed for all types of users. Specs-wise, it's equipped with a 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7-8750H 6-core processor, 16GB of DDR4 RAM, a 512GB PCIe NMVe M.2 SSD, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card. With these specs, this system can easily handle everyday tasks such as browsing the internet, composing and editing documents, streaming online videos, and even playing games. Should you need more storage, you can connect external storage solutions using its USB and Thunderbolt 3 ports.
Its 15.6" display features a 3840 x 2160 resolution, wide 178° viewing angles, and thin bezels for clear details and an immersive viewing experience. You can also use its HDMI port to connect a separate display for enhanced multitasking and larger viewing. Moreover, the display supports touch gestures and inputs for increased accessibility. Other integrated features include 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, a microSD card reader, a fingerprint reader, a webcam, speakers, microphones, and backlit keyboard, a combo audio jack. The operating system installed is Windows 10 Pro.
- The ZenBook Pro 15 features a solid aluminum unibody design with a spun-metal finish. Moreover, it measures just 0.7" thin and weighs 4.1 pounds, so you can easily take it anywhere you go.
- The 15.6" display on this system features a 3840 x 2160 resolution, wide 178° viewing angles, 100% sRGB coverage, 95% NTSC coverage, and 7.8mm thin bezels for an 83% screen-to-body ratio to deliver a more immersive viewing experience. Moreover, it supports touch inputs and gestures for enhanced efficiency and accessibility.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10-Series Graphics Card
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 10-series graphics cards can deliver up to a 40% increase in performance over the previous generation. Not only are they powerful, they can deliver similar performance to their desktop counterparts with a slight performance difference. This changes mobile gaming, allowing you to max out your game's visuals settings so you can enjoy it at its best. Moreover, this graphics card is VR-ready so you can use it with your favorite VR headset.
- Thunderbolt 3
- Thunderbolt 3 is a hardware interface that utilizes the reversible USB Type-C connector. Doubling the speed of its predecessor, Thunderbolt 3 features a maximum throughput of 40 Gb/s when used with compatible devices. The connector also transmits data via USB 3.1 at up to 10 Gb/s, and dual-bandwidth DisplayPort 1.2 allows you to connect up to two 4K displays simultaneously. Additionally, you can daisy chain up to six devices from a single Thunderbolt 3 port.
- To keep things cool, the ZenBook Pro 15 is equipped with an efficient dual-fan cooling system and three heat pipes.
- This notebook features hardware and design from the Asus Golden Ear team and audio specialists at Harman Kardon to deliver an impactful listening experience whether you're listening to music, watching movies, or playing games.
- All-Day Battery
- The 71 Wh lithium-polymer battery can last up to 9.5 hours of use. The ZenBook Pro 15 also has fast-charging technology that can charge it up to 60% capacity in just 49 minutes.
Windows 10 Pro
- Start Menu
- After its hiatus in Windows 8, the Start Menu has returned. Utilizing a combination of the traditional menu system and Windows 8's Live Tiles, the improved Start Menu gives you more information at a glance, showing notification information alongside your applications and other pinned items.
- Microsoft's digital personal assistant, Cortana can answer your questions with information gleaned from both your device and the internet at large. You can type or even talk with her, if your system has a microphone. Using her Laptop, Cortana keeps track of your needs and wants, and she learns over time to improve her information gathering skills.
- Microsoft Edge
- After nearly 20 years, Microsoft has finally replaced its Internet Explorer web browser. With Microsoft Edge, users can write directly on web pages and share notes with friends and colleagues. It also improves the online reading experience by adding a distraction-free mode and read-it-later functionality. Edge also has built-in Cortana integration; you can have her help you find a restaurant, make a reservation, and pull up directions without leaving your browser.
- Windows Store
- For Windows 10, Microsoft has unified the Windows Store. Now, apps for PCs, tablets, and phones will all be accessible from one place. And with support for Universal Apps, one version of an app can work across all your compatible devices automatically.
- Windows Continuum
- Windows 10 was designed for a variety of screen sizes and input styles, and with its Continuum feature, it automatically adapts to fit your needs. A Windows 10 tablet on its own requires a touch-centric approach, but attaching a mouse and keyboard will shift everything to a more traditional interface. You can even attach an external monitor to your Windows 10 phone for a near-desktop experience. But it's not just the operating system; Windows Universal Apps take advantage of Continuum as well.
- Xbox on Windows 10
- Gaming is a big focus of Windows 10. Xbox integration allows for PC players to match up against Xbox One players on supported games, and if you have an Xbox One, you can even stream compatible titles to your PC. Native support for recording with the new Game DVR feature makes it easy to capture and share your gameplay. The new DirectX12 takes better advantage of multi-core processors, giving games a performance boost, even on older hardware. Windows 10 also features native support for virtual reality headsets, such as the Oculus Rift.
- Windows 10 Pro
- The Pro version of Windows 10 includes all of the features of Windows 10 Home plus many designed specifically for business users, including Hyper-V virtualization, BitLocker disk encryption, and remote desktop access. Devices will also be able to join domains and the Azure Active Directory, and they can even access a specialized version of the Windows Store featuring custom, company-specific applications.