ASUS 13.3" ZenBook S UX391FA Multi-Touch Laptop
The 13.3" ZenBook S UX391FA Multi-Touch Laptop from ASUS is a lightweight, portable system designed for users who are constantly on-the-go. Specs-wise, it's built with a 1.8 GHz Intel Core i7-8565U quad-core processor, 16GB of LPDDR3 memory, and a 512GB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD. With these combined, the ZenBook S can efficiently multitask and quickly load applications. Its 13.3" display is built with NanoEdge bezels and features a 3840 x 2160 4K UHD resolution. Other integrated features include Thunderbolt 3 and USB Type-C connectivity, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, a fingerprint reader, a webcam, microphone, speakers, and a combo audio jack. The operating system installed is Windows 10 Pro.
- The ZenBook S, which weighs in at roughly 2 pounds and measures 0.5" thin, is the everyday laptop designed for travelers and users who prioritize portability. Made with an all-metal unibody design, it also has a gold backlit keyboard and lid logo.
- The ErgoLift hinge on the ZenBook S adds 5.5° of tilt to the keyboard for a more comfortable typing experience. In addition, this increases the space underneath the system for better cooling and audio.
- For your viewing pleasure, the ZenBook S has a 3840 x 2160 4K UHD display with NanoEdge bezels. The screen also has 100% sRGB and 72% NTSC coverage for users who work with color-sensitive content.
- Aside from being portable, your laptop needs to last throughout the day. The ZenBook S is equipped with a 50 Wh battery that can last up to 19.4 hours on a single charge. When power is low, it can recharge up to 60% in as little as 49 minutes. Please note that actual battery life will depend on usage.
- To ensure the system stays cool and at maximum performance, Asus has incorporated an advanced cooling system featuring a liquid-crystal-polymer fan impeller, a copper-alloy heat pipe, and an updated fan housing design for improved airflow.
- Thunderbolt 3
- Thunderbolt 3 is a hardware interface that utilizes the reversible USB Type-C connector. Doubling the speed of its predecessor, Thunderbolt 3 features a maximum throughput of 40 Gb/s when used with compatible devices. The connector also transmits data via USB 3.1 at up to 10 Gb/s, and dual-bandwidth DisplayPort 1.2 allows you to connect up to two 4K displays simultaneously. Additionally, you can daisy chain up to six devices from a single Thunderbolt 3 port.
- The Asus Golden Ear team partnered up with Harman Kardon to create Asus SonicMaster Premium audio technology. This includes two stereo speakers capable of producing surround sound and a smart amplifier for louder audio with minimal distortion.
- Windows Hello
- In case you forget your password, you can quickly and easily log into your system with just a touch using the integrated fingerprint reader.
- Amazon Alexa
- The ZenBook S comes with Amazon Alexa, a cloud-based voice assistant capable of helping you with tasks, entertainment, general information, and much more.
- The ZenBook S is MIL-STD 810G rated for reliability and durability. It has undergone multiple tests including drop, vibration, altitude, as well as high and low temperature tests.
Windows 10 Pro
- Start Menu
- After its hiatus in Windows 8, the Start Menu has returned. Utilizing a combination of the traditional menu system and Windows 8's Live Tiles, the improved Start Menu gives you more information at a glance, showing notification information alongside your applications and other pinned items.
- Microsoft's digital personal assistant, Cortana can answer your questions with information gleaned from both your device and the internet at large. You can type or even talk with her, if your system has a microphone. Using her Notebook, Cortana keeps track of your needs and wants, and she learns over time to improve her information gathering skills.
- Microsoft Edge
- After nearly 20 years, Microsoft has finally replaced its Internet Explorer web browser. With Microsoft Edge, users can write directly on web pages and share notes with friends and colleagues. It also improves the online reading experience by adding a distraction-free mode and read-it-later functionality. Edge also has built-in Cortana integration; you can have her help you find a restaurant, make a reservation, and pull up directions without leaving your browser.
- Windows Store
- For Windows 10, Microsoft has unified the Windows Store. Now, apps for PCs, tablets, and phones will all be accessible from one place. And with support for Universal Apps, one version of an app can work across all your compatible devices automatically.
- Windows Continuum
- Windows 10 was designed for a variety of screen sizes and input styles, and with its Continuum feature, it automatically adapts to fit your needs. A Windows 10 tablet on its own requires a touch-centric approach, but attaching a mouse and keyboard will shift everything to a more traditional interface. You can even attach an external monitor to your Windows 10 phone for a near-desktop experience. But it's not just the operating system; Windows Universal Apps take advantage of Continuum as well.
- Xbox on Windows 10
- Gaming is a big focus of Windows 10. Xbox integration allows for PC players to match up against Xbox One players on supported games, and if you have an Xbox One, you can even stream compatible titles to your PC. Native support for recording with the new Game DVR feature makes it easy to capture and share your gameplay. The new DirectX12 takes better advantage of multi-core processors, giving games a performance boost, even on older hardware. Windows 10 also features native support for virtual reality headsets, such as the Oculus Rift.
- Windows 10 Pro
- The Pro version of Windows 10 includes all of the features of Windows 10 Home plus many designed specifically for business users, including Hyper-V virtualization, BitLocker disk encryption, and remote desktop access. Devices will also be able to join domains and the Azure Active Directory, and they can even access a specialized version of the Windows Store featuring custom, company-specific applications.